Day 2 on going vegetarian to prep for The Master Cleanse was a success! No bacon!
- Morning juice x2 (I never eat breakfast)
- Sandwich: Roasted garlic hummus, cucumber, avocado, mushrooms on whole wheat.
- Cheez its (I know, I know, my mom bought them for me when she visited town, I don’t normally buy them)
- Made a pasta with fettuccine, sautéed spinach, sautéed mushrooms, grilled shrimp, and goat cheese
- Homemade chick pea soup (from freezer)
I tend to make batches of soups and freeze them in individual portions, takes about 10 mins to defrost and heat on stove top. This is one of my favorites, there is no exact recipe I just sort of made it up. Add what you have on hand or what you like. I tend to have these ingredients on hand most of the time and I wouldn’t go out to buy just one. And it happens to be vegetarian if you don’t use chicken stock!
Chick Pea Soup
- Can chick peas (garbanzo, drained)
- Rosemary (if I don’t have fresh on hand I use dried, it’s fine)
- EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) regular olive oil is fine too
- Onion (optional, sometimes I have one on hand, sometimes I don’t)
- Vegetable stock, chicken stock, broth (I always have different flavored cubes in my pantry but use what you like)
- Potato (optional if you have one)
- Pasta (any kind, I always have a few boxes laying around)
- S&P (salt and pepper)
This is super easy. Drizzle of evoo in pot. Add chopped onion (if using), cubed potato (if using) add rosemary, cook a few minutes. Add can of chick peas , s&p, mash about half of chick peas with fork/potato masher/any mashing device to give the soup texture. Add stock/broth, pasta and cook about 15/20 mins. Optional to be fancy when serving, drizzle of evoo, grated parmesan cheese.
My goal for my recipes is to make cooking a stress free experience. I would not want someone to have to make a special trip to the store just for 1 or 2 ingredients. Take my base recipe and go with it. Don’t have chick peas? Try cannellini beans. Don’t have rosemary? Try thyme. Don’t have an onion? Try a shallot. A minced garlic clove is also good in this, add with onions. You’ll be fine 😉
There you have it, one of my original recipes. When this whole cleanse is over I would love to share more with you! I have a goal of one day writing a cook book. Right now its a notebook full of random pages and scribbles but you have to start somewhere right?!
Here’s to day 3!